Welder testing is a fact of life for Individuals and Companies working with the structural steel standard: CSA W47.1, Certification of Companies for the Fusion Welding of Steel in Canada today. Whether you’re a local welder or a company recruiting welders from outside of Canada, sooner or later you will face the unnecessary stresses related to the world of recruitment, welder training & testing.
The Canadian Welder, Video Training & Test Centres are dedicated to assisting individuals and companies preparing to test welders to the structural steel standards by offering hands on welder training and a series of training DVD’s designed to prepare welders prior to testing. We have test centres located in Edmonton and Calgary offering bright, clean and modern environment. We believe we offer the perfect solution to insure success by providing fast and cost effective welder training and testing in a friendly environment where our client's needs are our top priority.
At the Canadian Welder we offer a wide variety of services to the welding industry, such as:
- Preparation & bending of test coupons is done at every test day allowing for immediate retests if required.
- Hands-on Welder Training plus Training DVD’s to help Individuals and Companies prepare for CWB testing.
- Pre-employment assessment of job related skills including: knowledge of each welding process: SMAW, FCAW/MCAW & GMAW, understanding Blue Prints and Weld Symbols, Job Testing and upgrading for CWB and B-Pressure. Welder Qualification Test Centre.
- We offer Technical assistance to CWB Certified companies as well as companies working achieve CWB Certification.
- We can help you find an answer to your welding questions as well any code or standard related issue your company may encounter.
If our organization does not offer the solution to your needs we will help you find it.
Please take the time to browse our web site thoroughly to view all the products and services offered. Please click on the Additional Training button.
Who created the test center and video series?
Interprovincial Red Seal Welder, Alberta Journyman and B-Pressure Welder. CSA W178-2 Visual Welding Inspector Level III. Past employee of the Canadian Welding Bureau.
28 years of technical knowledge and experience as a welder, inspector and welder tester are condensed into a series of 30 minute training videos to provide you or your company a training tool to be used over and over again as you prepare for test day.
Canadian Welder would like to thank the following organizations for their support and implementation of our training video into their systems.
Ironworkers Local 720, Edmonton, Alberta.
International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Lodge 146. Edmonton, Alberta.
NAIT, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Technology
WELDTECH TRAINING INC. Mississauga, Ontario.
We at Canadian Welder would also like to thank all of the other Schools, Colleges, Unions and Welder Training Institutions that are currently showing interest in our product. We look forward to the day when your companies name will appear on our Acknowledgement list.
Keep up the good work !